Pages

Monday, November 17, 2014

Word.

Heads up that this is going to be a very random word vomit post that is all over the place. 

Ready.... Go!

I posted a picture on my Facebook of an ecard that says "I wish I could sleep like a husband!" And boy is that true. 

It's so funny how moms are constantly thinking about their kids, and what they need. Even when we go out on a date without the baby I am STILL thinking about him. I sort of never really get a break. Must be the mothers intuition. My husband worries less and is a lot more laid back than I am. Most men and women are that way, from my experience. I kind of feel like I got screwed. Ha.

Everyone keeps telling me "enjoy every moment" "this is such a precious time" or "this will go by so fast". 

I'm sorry, I want to slap you when you say that to me my dear friends. I know you mean well, but really. No one wants to hear that. When you're getting vomited on all day long, going through at least three outfits each a day (me and the babe) and are on your last resort for finding the right food to feed my baby because NOTHING else works, I really don't want to hear about how I should be "enjoying every moment". 

Suck it.

I WILL, however, enjoy the good moments. Every single day there are some incredible moments that I hang onto. That's how I survive. That's how RJ survives, ha ha. 

I really don't like how there is a "social pressure/expectation" or whatever... That we all have to tell each other those things. How about we GET REAL. Let's stop writing FB statuses and blogs about how easy it is to be a perfect mom.

Screw that. 

Reading those posts and blogs used to make me feel like I was a failure because my baby didn't do what their baby did. Most first time moms don't know any better than to read blogs and Pinterest pins from other moms and to trust them. Someone is probably doing that with me right now.

Here's the deal though, NO BABY IS THE SAME. So, you just sort of have to be fearless and not care what anyone thinks. You have to not be afraid to try several things until it works for your baby. Even if it's untraditional. Hell, I feed my baby goats milk and the looks I get from moms when they hear that are CLASSIC. 

You just sort of have to OWN how you decide to be a mom. Because you are the only mom for your child, you know your baby. You know your intuition. Don't let anyone take that away from you. 

And there's my two cents. 




3 comments:

  1. I think it's awesome you feed your baby goat's milk!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't miss my kids being babies at all! I look forward and enjoy them growing up. Maybe I'm weird but I look forward to the days that I won't have kids wiping their noses on me or rely on me every second of every day. The only way I get through the bad moments is to instagram it. It helps me not scream and yell because I know I'll laugh about it later (I do scream and yell lots). I am seriously loving your posts :)

    ReplyDelete