Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Advice

I feel like Facebook and Instagram has just become a plethora of unsolicited advice. I don't even want to post on there anymore or read what other people post.

Yes, I'm sick. Yes, I'm grumpy. So that mixture brings out this super pessimistic post. Don't act like you haven't felt this exact same way at one point in time. 

Forgive me but... Unless someone asks a question - why would you give them an answer? 

I know 75% of people just mean well and want to offer advice or things that help them. But, unless someone is ASKING for that, just be supportive or be quiet. Maybe not everyone feels this way. 

I know I've been the one to offer unsolicited advice, so many times. I catch myself doing it so much. I have to just think to myself before I text back or post, did they ask for my help? If not, then just be on their side and supportive. Be a good friend. Or, make them laugh! 

Otherwise, you just sound like an opinionated A-hole. As much as I REALLY try, I get that I come off that way sometimes too. 

Again, we mostly all mean well but, why do we offer so much unsolicited advice!?!?!? Why do so many of us just want to "fix" things instead of just offering support or letting them know they're not alone. 

I can promise you most of the time we all just want to feel like someone else has gone through it or understands even a small portion of what we are going through. 

Stop the word vomit advice!!! 

I pinky swear I will try SO freaking hard to never do that again. And I give you permission to call me out if I do! I need to work on this! And I need to learn to be more patient with people who do this, the struggle is REAL. Ha. It makes me crazy! Yet, I catch myself doing it. 

We are human beings, aren't we? Sheesh. 

But, as mothers I think if we could just have each others back and just be a shoulder to cry on, it would be a little bit better. Maybe? Instead of trying to tell other moms how to do things or force your way on someone else. 

2 comments:

  1. I am sitting here reading this, agreeing with everything you are saying! ....then silently hoping I don't do this! Haha. But it's so true. Sometimes just a funny comment or an "Amen sista!" Is all that you need in those moments. So, AMEN SISTA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny, I think I do this. I didn't realize I did until you mentioned it. Oops.

    ReplyDelete